Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Batteries are dead in my safe and I can not open it how do I…

Customer Question
Batteries are dead in...

Batteries are dead in my safe and I can not open it how do I open it

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

Tru bolt serial # bt10009779

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

I don't know what to do

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 8 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

What is the model number? That is more important than the serial number.

That's the only number on it

There should also be a model number somewhere on the safe or on the papers that came with it. You should also have an emergency key (it comes with the safe) to open it in just such a case as you are describing. If you don't have the key, then the other solution is to have a locksmith drill the cylinder to open it. It doesn't completely ruin the safe. Cost of a new cylinder is about $45-50. Cost of a locksmith varies all over the country. If you don't have the key, that is your only option.

I just found my other keys and I got it open thank you for your assistance

You are so very welcome. I would appreciate a rating (hopefully a "5") which is the only way I am credited for my help.