Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Have key and combo to sentrysafe esb-3 model and has worked…

Customer Question
Have key and combo...

Have key and combo to sentrysafe esb-3 model and has worked fine until i used key to open instead of code...now cannot get box to lock using combonation

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?

Sentry safe model esb-3

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your ESB-3?

6 monnths

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Tried to hit reset red button inside lock box and tried to change the security code, but after locking and removing key it will open all the time regardless of code used

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so...new batteries and never had trouble opening before, just cant lock it after using the key

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
This is basically a money lockbox purchased from Walmart I believe
12/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

not if it will take several hours bc my answer is going to cost as much as getting a new one, but if you are available right now so am i lol
do you have a cell number where i can send you pics?
hello?
opening the box very early in a.m. and it beeps quite loudly with each button press, so i dug up the keys and used the key to open the box...problem in, now the box will not relock either via the key or the original code which still works great for OPENING it
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!