Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic microwave Model# NN-t994SF 1250 WATT. It…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic microwave Model# ***** 1250 WATT. It runs for 3seconds then shuts off. I've been tols it is one of the interlock switches in the door lock. Is that right??

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?

The GENIE SENSOR 1250 Watt Panasonic Microwave Model # NN-T994SF Serial # 6A5240333

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your NN-T994SF?

It went into service in June 21006

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

I have inspected the door switches, checked them and noticed two show terminals that have been getting hot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the microwave oven shuts off unexpectedly without any error message appearing on the display then it "thinks" that the door has been opened, and the interlock switch is faulty. It will need to be replaced.

Pete, Electronic Engineer