Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I get a read only message on my HC-770 camcorder. How do I

change it? JA: Who makes your...
I get a read only message on my HC-770 camcorder. How do I change it?
JA: Who makes your camera?
Customer: Panasonic
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic?
Customer: I turn it on, plug in the cable (the B side does not fit) select the PC in the menu. Nothing happens. I have a Mac Powerbook Pro with High Sierra OS.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is High Sierra the problem?
12/12/2017
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need the answer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can use iMovie to move the videos to the computer. In the old days, Connecting by the PC choice would upload to my Mac without a problem. Now it does not automatically open Photos.

Unfortunately, High Sierra is not compatible with everything yet so it causes issues so that is likely the problem right now.

Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It seems like Panasonic and Apple are not in sync with the ability of the camera to communicate with High
Sierra. Can you get your programmers to talk to Apple to,elinimate the incompatibility?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I spoke to the Apple rep in Best Buy. He will try to get the issue resolved from his end. I also wrote to Apple to alert them to the problem.

Yes, I can alert them for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I saw that High Sierra has quite a list of devices that are not compatible at this time.

Yes, they do unfortunately.

New operating systems are great but they can stink for a little bit with the incompatibilities.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a system to notify us when the fix is available?
Josh, Technician