Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a older jvc dvd player and when i put a disc in it…

Customer Question
I have a older...

I have a older jvc dvd player and when i put a disc in it says no disc what do i do

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have?

Xv-n2125

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC media player?

Turning it on and off checking plugs fast forward

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your JVC DVD player issue.
what do i do
i cant afford to keep paying can you please help me or should i buy a new one
In most cases DVD player become dirty, where dust accumulates on top of the laser which is trying to read your discs. I would try a good cleaning. You first try with some compressed air to remove the dust out of the interior. Second I would purchase a CD/ DVD cleaning disc which you can buy at Walmart for $7
Here is a link to one of them
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxell-MXLCD340M-Maxell-CD-340-CD-Lens-Cleaner-190048/10135700?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228009489776&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40330325192&wl4=pla-78289576232&wl5=9028078&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=10135700&wl13=&veh=sem
I hope this should take care of it, otherwise the laser unit / optical pickup assy needs to be replaced. Which in most older unit is obsolete. Hope the information was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Not helpful I want a refund
I believe the information I gave you is helpful. But if you feel that is not the case I will opt out for another expert to jump in.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.