Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Hand set reports power base not connected: ac adaptor.

Customer Question
Hand set reports power...

Hand set reports power base not connected: ac adaptor. charging light comes off and on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Few days intermittently. readjust connection with infinity box, readjust connection back of handset, check outlets. Get signal charging and it quickly goes away

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

All else working, message light and recorder, buttons responding. I think incoming ring is still working but it's been a day or so since I've had a call.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can be just from a loose cord/connector, a bad power supply, or a hardware failure in the base station (if the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

will try. I have NOT joined anything and am disappointed that you ask for credit card and
$5.00 to go further. You are apparently not Panasonic but a business that sells services
to Panasonic user. Please remove all information I provided from you site. PC

This is a paid support site, it is not free help. You paid the agreed upon fees to post your question and I have provided the above information accordingly in good faith.

You are not obligated to any future services, just the one time fees you've paid here.

Neither panasonic nor any other company provides free help anymore for out of warranty products.

Please let me know the results, when you have a chance.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.