Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do sangean radios compare with Bose? I am shopping for…

Customer Question
How do sangean radios...

How do sangean radios compare with Bose?

Technician's Assistant: What Bose product do you have?

I am shopping for my wife who believes Bose is he best..do not currently have a very good radio with good reception

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

We do not have a bose

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

And what can you tell me about tivoli radios?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, Mechanic

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

I myself am not a Bose fan, I don't like the whole tiny speaker thing nor that they cost so much as you can get much much better for what they charge. However with that said I will say that for what they are they do sound great in certain situations and vehicles, If it is a sound you like then for an all in one unit I think people love them. I do not think the other two brands are in the same category as bose as they are much cheaper brands. Tivoli is pretty neat for what they are but I cannot compare either of those to Bose as they are not in the same world as each other. If budget is a concern then the other two are obviously the better choice but if budget does not matter and she likes the bose sound then I can say the bose unit is much better and you can do much more with them over those others.

When I say you can get much more I am speaking about systems that are not all in one, ones that you select your receiver and speakers separately.

I guess this also depends on which Bose units you are looking at, from your info I am guessing tabletop all in one units.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Why do you not favor Bose//are tivoli, sangeal good radios...or are there still others..do not want to get into multiple systems, i.e.receiver,speakers, etc/

I do not favor Bose because in my own person opinion they arent worth what they ask for them and you can get better for less. But all in ones are hard. But again for what Bose offers they do not sound bad they are just not for me. Sort of personal preference. When going to all in ones those are much harder.

Tivoli and Sangean make a good radio, I was just saying that it's hard to compare either of them to Bose.

What type of features are you looking for in a unit?

Joe
Joe
Joe, Mechanic