Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My panasonic video recorder nv-hd640 expels the tape as soon…

Customer Question
My panasonic video recorder...

My panasonic video recorder nv-hd640 expels the tape as soon as I introduce it. What can i do?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

NV-HD640

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic?

I have tried to insert a tape buy it is rejected.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

I am talking about the panasonic tape recorder NV-HD640

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There may be debris inside the recorder that is stopping the mechanism from seating down properly or the cassette housing may have got damaged.
Both these causes will result in the tape being ejected immediately.
-
Unplug the recorder, turn it upside down and try giving it a shake from side to side. If there is anything stuck inside, this will normally dislodge it.
-
If that doesn't work, then the recorder will require servicing.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------