Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic model # TC55LE54 - SN MB21860239 and am…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a Panasonic model # TC55LE54 - SN MB21860239 and am having issues getting an internet connection in my bedroom. I was told I might need an upgraded Wireless LAN adapter? My current one is a N5HBZ0000055. Please HELP!!

Technician's Assistant: What device are you trying to connect?

The TV to enable netflix.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

July 2012 and model and SN are in above text.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Quite some time. Just now able to try and get resolve. I was told about the LAN adapter by one of the Geek squad from best buy. He could not get it to work either.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

No on the Just answer email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does the tv "see" any networks at all when searching/scanning?

not that Im aware of.
Just says cannot connect to the internet, or no internet connection available.
Still there?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

Thank you for the info,

if it is not seeing anything at all, then that would indicate a signal/range issue, or that the current adapter is defective.

While it is possible to replace it, there is no upgraded one and the part really is not readily available anymore. Even if you did replace it, it isn't going to be the best course of action as you still won't get the functions you're looking for. Due to the age of the tv, which is past its service life at this point , it has not been supported for several years, and for that reason most of the apps on it no longer work.

What I would recommend instead is connecting an external streaming device to the tv, such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.