Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What does it mean on the FOSTEX VF08 when it says no drive…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean on the FOSTEX VF08 when it says no drive and can this be taken back to factory original settings?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your VF08?

Approx 6 years or a little more and hardly used only a couple of times and has bee sitting in my music room and now have decided tolearn to use it

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Just the flags that came up on Google on trying to go back to factory settings and is frozen on setup R20 menue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This means that the hard drive cannot be detected.

It may have become loose or disconnected, or it may be corrupt and need reformatting, or it may have failed and will need to be replaced.

First check that the hard drive is connected securely.

If it is, then you will need to try reformatting it - see page 18 of the user manual:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/53291/Fostex-Vf08.html?page=18

Reply back and let me know if that works for you?