Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have misplaced the combination to my Sentry Safe. The only…

Customer Question
I have misplaced the...

I have misplaced the combination to my Sentry Safe. The only numbers I see are OS0410 and AS631907. Can you help me find the combination ?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your safe or home security system?

Sentry Safe

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your home security system?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to remember the combination but, I can't remember it .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Those numbers are the model and serial, respectively.

Unfortunately, this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the factory code.

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Well, you are no help at all. You should say it has to be notarized BEFORE I click and have to pay the $3e1.00.

I'm sorry there is not a simpler process. Unfortunately I have no control over the requirements of the company, I'm limited to explaining the requirements and providing the necessary information and forms.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. Not honoring the agreed upon fees would be further forcing me to work for free for my time spent advising you with an honest and accurate answer.

Best regards,