Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My brand new $200.00 radio won’t pick up a radio station…

Customer Question
My brand new $200.00...

My brand new $200.00 radio won’t pick up a radio station unless I hold the antenna . Model no. DCR025

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your DCR025?

3 weeks

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Holding the antenna is all that works , unless I turn the volume way up. Then it is very distorted

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your radio.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the radio you are working with? I suspect from the model it is the "DEWALT" radio, but I need to be sure.

2) WHERE was the radio purchased?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Dewalt DCR025 from Lowes. About 2 was ago

Hi again and thanks for that information.

So has the radio EVER worked properly - since it was purchased?

And have there been any other radios in operation at the same location - that do NOT have this issue?

Thanks

the 1st wk. yes my little radio with bad speakership

OK - if the radio was NOT damaged in any way (dropped, kicked, antenna pulled, etc.), then you may have received a faulty unit.

My recommendation would be to return the radio to the place of purchase for an exchange unit, and I would further recommend TESTING the replacement radio BEFORE leaving the store.

You could also return the radio for store credit (or refund), if that is a better choice for you.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions about this unit.

Thanks, ***** *****