Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonis DMR-EH-75V HDD/VCR/DVD recorder/player.

Customer Question
I have a Panasonis...

I have a Panasonis DMR-EH-75V HDD/VCR/DVD recorder/player. It refuses to take a tape and keeps coming up with a F04 failure code.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Panasonic DMR-EH75V. It's about 10-12 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

There was a tape in it when I transported it recently. The tape did finally eject after several attempts but will not load currently. I have the cover off and checked for foreign matter in the deck.... There was none. The drive belt is fine. The load motor starts up but shuts right off. Again it reports a F04 failure code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that about sums it up.....

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.