Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I n erased all my messages but my all the messages are there…

Customer Question
I n erased all...

I n erased all my messages but my all the messages are there but on the phone itself it says no new and I cant retrieve any but wheb

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Kx-tg4021

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I haave erased all the messages on my handset and it says no more but i cannot retrieve any however my voicebox is full according all the callers and yet I'm listening to all the messages on my ansering machine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. how do i eerase messages when people call they are not able to leave a message because my voicebox is full

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is actually not a pansonic problem.

What is happening is that your callers are reaching a voicemail service provided by the phone company. It is answering before your home answering machine has a chance to pick up the line, which is why you hear a different greeting, and why you get no messages when checking your home answering machine. Whether you were aware of it or even wanted it or not, the phone company has enabled this feature on your phone and it has now taken so many messages that the memory is full, which causes that error message to be heard.

The solution in that case is to contact the phone company and have them cancel/remove the voicemail service from your account, OR as an alternative, you could just stop using the answering machine and use the voicemail function instead. You can record your own greeting on the voicemail if you like, and voicemail actually has several advantages: it is always on, meaning it will work even if the power goes out, while the answering machine could stop taking or playing messages if it is ever damaged or unplugged. VM will also work even if you're on another call, with answering machine, the 2nd caller would just get a busy signal. For these reasons, I tend to recommend voicemail over using your own machine, simply because it tends to be more reliable and accessible. The choice is yours of course though.

Best regards,

Electronics Technician: ,  replied 4 months ago
Phone call session started
i did not receive your msg on my i phone because i do not have it near my office -- by the time i was able to hear and then pickup msg you were gone. I do not use my iphone. my panasonic phone is my land phone -- i do not give out my iphone number because have only had it a very short time. your panasonic phone has never worked right on the answering and i still dont understand why the message dont erase when it says that i have no more messages but they are not being erased
where is my answer?
I sent you an answer, above, over 20 minutes ago. Please scroll up to see it or reload the page
am I being charged $39.00 to just have you say that this answering machine on my Panasonic receiver is not a panasonic problem but an ATT and I must call them to not use my answering machine
Nathan, Engineer