Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Panasonic phone KXTGA749 NOW MAKES A TIC-TI-TIC SOUND…

Customer Question
My Panasonic phone KXTGA749...

My Panasonic phone KXTGA749 NOW MAKES A TIC-TI-TIC SOUND WITHOUT STOPPING AS I AM DIALING,K THEN SEEMS TO DISCONNECT AND PLLAY A BUSY SIGNAL.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KXTGA749? What have you tried so far?

About a week. Replaced the Vonage modem, tried different cords, check all all three extensions.and it worked for a few days. Today it started up again. same symptoms

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have used this phone for about 5 years without problem. Recently had infestation of ants, including some nesting and leaving larva in Vonage modem. Thought that was the problem, spent almost abhor trouble shooting wit

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

it happens to all 3 hand sets. this is a land line from VOIP (Vonage),no dal, KZTGA740

That is the handset, can you give me the actual system model, found on the base station?

I DON'T WANT TO PAY $
25, THIS SHOULD BE FREE
CAN WE PROCEED ON LINE
ALSO, AS I TOLD YOU, MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full fees for the chat format here, this is not a free service, via chat or phone.

Please provide the specific information I've requested.

NATHAN ARE YOU STILL THERE? FAUTLY ADVERTISING? FAULTY ELECRONICS? WHAT IS GOING ON?

Yes, I'm here, and have responded several times. Please scroll up to see the entirety of our conversation, or refresh the page (F5 key) if needed, then respond back to me with the details I've requested 3 times now: What is the model of your phone SYSTEM (not handset)?

NOW the site is working . I was told on line that I would be charged $5 which would be returned and that I get first month free.
this is the only new message I got from you 05 December 2017 12:29
Nathan Nathan
Electronics Technician

I would suggest going back and carefully reading the terms you agreed to.

That 5 was to post your question and could be refunded if you received no response. You were charged the full amount upon corresponding with me here.

That may be included in a monthly membership if you opt for an ongoing subscription and would otherwise be just the one time TOTAL you've paid for help here.

Please let me know if you wish to continue, with the understanding that this is not free help.

I do not wish to continue. I do not want to pay any subscription fee. The starting pages were not clear.

You have paid already and may self manage those functions from the help page

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.