Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sony Playmemories account under the email. I am…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is*****...

Hi. My name is***** have a Sony Playmemories account under the email***@******.***. I am blocked out of my account due to having had my pc serviced and cleaned of all logon information. I do not remember what date of birth I put in. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PlayMemories?

I don't remember.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PlayMemories?

I tried to log on and got to reset the pass word but the system asked for my date of birth. I rarely divulge such personal information and now can't get in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't know what else you may need.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To reset your Sony account without the correct date of birth:

1. Trigger a password ***** using the standard password ***** form on the PlayStation website or through any games console. This will send an email to your account.
  2. In the email you got from sony, you will see a URL variable called token. It will look something like “&token=…”. Copy and paste this token and save it into a text file.
  3. Take the token that you received from Sony in the email and insert it into this link in place of the token value.https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/security/validate-password-reset-token!input.action?token=*YOUR TOKEN HERE*&request_locale=en_GB&service-entity=psn
  4. Copy this URL and enter it into your web browsers URL bar and click enter. This will bring you to a form where you can reset your password ***** needing to know your date of birth.