Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

I have a fender blues deluxe scratching sound, took to a amp

Customer Question

I have a fender blues deluxe scratching sound, took to a amp tech. He told me the circuit board had been modified. After test, he said the voltage outpull was jumping. He did try to work on it, with no luck. Not the amp has no sound at all. All tubes light up. He is telling me the circuit board needs to be replaced. I'm not sure if that is the issue. He, also says, if I played a guitar thru the amp,I could get shocked. Any ideas, and the cost is high to replace circuit board. But, I really like the sound of the amp. Stuck on whether to put more money into this amp, or buy another one.
JA: When did this audio problem start with your instrument?
Customer: I just notice the weird sound with amp when on and not playing thru it..Wayne holden
JA: Is the audio working with headphones or external speakers?
Customer: Don't have head phone with the proper jack and I haven't tried external speaker.
JA: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, yes, I also have a fender hot deluxe that is very LOUD, can't turn the volume higher than 1 1/2 , any simple ideas.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Harry replied 9 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Expert:  Harry replied 9 months ago.

Hello: