Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a heritage safe and I"am having problems with the…

Customer Question
I have a heritage...

I have a heritage safe and I"am having problems with the electronic closing lock, is their anyone who has any knowledge about this?

Technician's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I was trying to open it last night, I put the combination in and the red light blinked 3 or 4 times and it did not open, after trying 3 or 4 more times it finally opened, now it does not lock when I close it and the red light does not work at all when I touch the digets

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I bought the safe in 1998

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you haven't already done so, try replacing the batteries - the batteries may be enough to power the control panel but they may not be powerful enough to open and close the lock mechanism.

Let me know if that works?