Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I lost my sensor for my Model WS-8119U-IT-W clock

Customer Question
I lost my sensor...

I lost my sensor for my Model WS-8119U-IT-W clock thermometer. Can I buy a new sensor from you? Maybe not. Tell me the bad news.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your WS-8119U-IT-W?

Probably a few years. I am not claiming anything on a warranty. I know I bought it from Gemplers, but I do not have any receipts.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I am pretty helpless. I could just buy a whole new unit. Can I do this from you, using my credit card?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your weather station.

If you still need help with this issue:

I priced the sensor along on the LaCrosse website, and saw that a compatible sensor was about $25, plus any shipping charges.

Then I searched on Amazon and found a NEW system, including the sensor for just a bit more (~$1.00).

Click Here for that listing --> http://amzn.to/2icHX9e

Seeing how small the difference is between the sensor and a whole system, I would really recommend purchasing the whole system.

AND when it comes time to "set up" the new system, I believe that new sensor can be used with BOTH the OLD and NEW main station, as long as you "restart" both main stations at the same time.

By the way, if you need a refresher on setting up a systems like this, I have a link to the setup video for that system below.

Click here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBzuBlP0fE

I hope this helps in making the decision of getting a new sensor or complete system.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about your weather station.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)