Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have done everything I know to get “Speech to Text” work…

Customer Question
I have done everything I...
I have done everything I know to get “Speech to Text” work on my MacBook Pro.
I recorded three interviews and now I’m having to listening to three to four words, then type it.
Can you help me?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To get the MacBook Pro to speak to you,

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Accessibility, then click Speech.

2. Select the “Speak selected text when the key is pressed” checkbox.

By default, speaking is enabled when you press Option-Esc. To choose a different key, click Change Key, press one or more modifier keys (Command, Shift, Option, or Control) together with another key, then click OK.

3. To have your Mac start speaking, press the specified key. To stop the speaking, press the key again.

If text is selected when you press the key, the selected text is spoken. Otherwise, available text items in the current window are spoken; for example, if Mail is the current window, an email message is read.

Note: If no text items are available, you hear a beep.

To turn off this feature, deselect the “Speak selected text when the key is pressed” checkbox.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------