Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Panasonic SC-BTT755 will not produce any sound from the

Customer Question

Hi. My Panasonic SC-BTT755 will not produce any sound from the centre speaker. (I have swapped different speakers into the same outlet on the box so I am sure the problem lies in the box, not a speaker). The system was OK prior to putting it into storage for 6 months prior to moving house and when I powered it up again was when the problem was noticed. All other outlets will operate speakers if they are swapped around.
JA: What device or product has sound issues?
Customer: The problem is only with the centre speaker outlet on the SC-BTT755 home theatre player.
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: It is Panasonic and is about 10 years old.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic media player?
Customer: Nothing other to swap speakers around to ascertain whether the problem is with a speaker or with the player.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only swapping speakers between other outlets and getting the same result. The speakers are OK. The problem is with the output to the centre speaker. There isn't much else I can do without opening up the box.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it is likely to be something like a readily identifiable capacitor then I'm prepared to give it a go. Yes, I have a multi meter and a soldering iron.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the "...internal circuitry both the component side and the foil/trace side..." Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

I would then compare this pictures with the schematic diagram from the Service Manual.