Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Casio G Shock watch. Module #5302. 6 months. Time is

Customer Question
Casio G Shock watch ...

Casio G Shock watch

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Module #5302

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

6 months. Time is incorrect ( New York) and the light does not come on when pressed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your watch.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the watch?

2) Have the batteries in the watch EVER been replaced?

I ask these questions because the symptoms mentioned sound very must like the batteries (there are two) are wearing out and need to be replaced.

The battery type I see for this watch is SR927W, and these can be found listed online - at places like Amazon (Click Here for listings).

If you are a "do-it-yourself" person, these batteries can be replaced on your own, assuming you have the tools and time to do it.

Otherwise, I would recommend taking the watch to a place where you can get the batteries and have THEM replace them for you. Such places are often found in shopping centers and "strip malls".

If you want to see what it takes to replace the batteries yourself, I have a link to a video that shows the process on a typical Casio watch with two of these batteries.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTGER9RaUU

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this watch.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Ok. 3 years old and the batteries were replaced within this year. Ok I guess I'll get them replaced again. The instruction manual for this watch is not easy at all. Rate you a 3. Thanks.

Hi again,

I agree that the instruction manual could be made easier. This is often true of many electronic devices. One thing that I try to do with the manuals for the watches is to get the electronic (PDF) version, so that it can be ENLARGED and read on a computer screen. That does make it a little easier - at least for me.

If you want that version, you should be able to get it by using the following link.

Click Here --> http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/009/qw5302.pdf

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work.
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer