Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE A CHAUVET GEYSER P6 THAT STOPPED WORKING. IT TURNS ON…

Customer Question
HELLO, I HAVE A...

HELLO, I HAVE A CHAUVET GEYSER P6 THAT STOPPED WORKING. IT TURNS ON AND THE LIGHTS WOK BUT ITS NOT RECEIVING SIGNAL FROM THE CONTROL AND IT WONT FOG

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your P6?

8 MONTHS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

EVERYTHING INCLUDING POWERING OFF AND ON RESETINT THE CONTROL SETTINGS ETC.. THE LIGHT ON THE RECEIVING END OF THE CONTROL WON'T TURN GREEN

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

THATS IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that if other controls (on the main device) still work to order lights and fog, then you have a defective remote control perhaps. If that's how it seems to you, from a few tries at both on your machine, then you need to first replace batteries in the remote, making sure the old ones didn't leak, and putting the new ones in with the right orientation or polarity with regard to + and - ends of the battery or batteries.