Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My older Panasonic wireless phone set is dead whenever the…

Customer Question
My older Panasonic wireless...

My older Panasonic wireless phone set is dead whenever the phone rings and I pick up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Panasonic phone?

This handset was charged all night.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

No. I'll try this right now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I hold the red power button down? And for how long?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Please disregard the suggestions above, those are from an automated system and not applicable to your phone.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

1) Yes. 2) No 3) Landline 4) no 5) hold on I will get it...
All I can find on the base set is Blutooth 6.0. For some reason I can't get it off the wall. If that isn't the right info I can wait until my husband comes home later today or tonight.
the model should start with kx-tg. Just reply back here when you have a chance.
Is there anyway I can call you back, sorry text you back when my husband comes home? It may be several hours...
that would be just fine. Bookmark or favorite this page and reply back anytime

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.