Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Purchased a panasonic microwave in march. the light in the…

Customer Question
Purchased a panasonic microwave...

Purchased a panasonic microwave in march. the light in the oven appears to be a lot dimmer than when bought. can you tell me if i have done somthing

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic product do you have?

Microwave model nnsd765s

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Looked in manual. no mention of light

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The light bulb filament or light-emitter may have become slightly burnt-out, leading to dimness.

If there is a plate over the bulb, be sure to wipe that plate off, until it is quite clean.

Then, also, if the bulb may be reached (with the microwave Off, obviously, and also unplugged for safety), can you tighten the bulb in its socket? it might perhaps be a trifle loose, impeding current flow through the bulb and requiring that it be tightened.

Let me know what you think, and how it goes... I will advise you further as needed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

This is really no help. The bulb is inside the wall with perforations in the metal to let light thru the holes. There is no way to access the bulb so I assumed it can never be changed so I assumed I pushed a wrong button. I contacted Panasonic simply to ask if I pushed something cause the manual does not even mention the bulb. I am not happy and do not think I should have to pay for advice on a device less than 9 months old which cannot be fixed

If it is less than 9 months old, then it can be fixed. Tell me your local town/city and province, so that I may instruct you further.

I live in Burlington ontario

Thank you for responding - I know Burlington as the production town of Voortman cookies, a brand which I esteem, just by-the-way.

I am getting information on getting it repaired for you... give me a few more minutes, please...

The Panasonic information is not very helpful... but this page states clearly enough, this much:

1. your microwave is within warranty, yes.

2. your microwave, to be warranty repaired (or replaced) would have to be either taken to a local warrant service center, or if that is farther away from your address than 50 km, would have to be packed up and sent to such a service center.

See this page for further details:

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32775/~/microwave-oven-warranty

As for contacting Panasonic Canada, that might help make the process shorter:

1-***-***-****

is their number - you would have to call them Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

I hope that this information is as helpful as is possible.

I tried earlier contacting Panasonic by phone but they were closed. Told me to go online which I did and asked me for credit card for good faith which I did. Am I to understand that I am going to be charged 32 dollars to have someone tell me to do what I already did

Well... the information I have provided should help, e.g. as to what the problem is more exactly, and what the hazards involved are, to have to wait until Monday to call Panasonic, and to not use the microwave for safety, in the meantime.

I hope that's worth something... it settles the matter somewhat... I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Service Tech