Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My TV set will not turn off (except if you pull the power…

Customer Question
My TV set will...

My TV set will not turn off (except if you pull the power plug). When you hit "off" the screen savers come on. Hit "off" again or "OK" and the set comes back on. What to do?

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

Simply turning the set off from any channel. The set works well when on, but will not completely turn off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Philips Model19pfl3564d/f7b, serial ds1a0927300434

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Disconnecting the power cord, no help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello
No

Hi

Sorry , had to step out for a bit

If you use the power button on the right side of the tv , do you get the same action ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time anyway

You mean that you get the same screen saver using the power button directly on the tv ??

This is odd as this TV's manual doesn`t even show a screen saver for this model

If the power button on the tv gives you the same result then this is a main board problem and for a tv this size I would simply set it on a power bar with a switch

Otherwise if you are into this then that main digital board cost some $20 if you were to buy and replace it yourself

Let me know and I`ll find it for you

I would not recommend a repair shop though that would cost you more than buying a new one

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE or a THANK YOU will do

end contact. Cancel my contract.
cancel subscription

I don't do cancel , go back to your login page

Good bye now