Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What issues are addressed in the software update to the

Customer Question
What issues are addressed...

What issues are addressed in the software update to the Janome 15000 sewing machine

Technician's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It a version 1 and about a 1 1/2 years old. The dealer is telling me that there is a free software update and I’m curious as to what is being updated. A friend of mine is telling me that there are problems with the update and I don’t want to put it on my machine if there is in fact a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes what does this software update fix?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It is possible that the update might cause problems. Sometimes updates do.

Tell me, do you know the page and/or the specific version of the update? let me know, and I will tell you my critique of it, what it improves, what issues there might be.

The update has been issued via a thumb drive from Janome to bring ver 1 & 2 of the 15000 model up to the same software level as the current model. Like so many software updates there is always an explanation of issues addressed. Can’t find anything relating to this update thus why I asked you all.

OK. Thanks for responding. I will need to know the version, please, or the file name on the thumb drive, or some identifying information like that, to provide you information about the update.

HMC 15000 V3 Firmware

Thank you for the information - I am researching and preparing your answer.

There is no version 3, no V3, update listed on Janome's own site. Version 2.11 is the version listed there, for your model:

http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/machine.html

So I cannot give you any information about the update, I'm sorry to say - it might even be non-legitimate, though if it is from an Authorized Janome Dealer, that surely couldn't be - ?