Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I Have a pioneer AV Receiver model VSX 523.. The FM circuit…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I Have...

Hi Pearl. I Have a pioneer AV Receiver model VSX 523.. The FM circuit has stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: What Pioneer model do you have?

Is it repairable, in an encomonic sense ?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer system?

Turning it off complete

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Ly and then testing each function.. the am tuner works but the FM has stopped.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

• ...have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time?
  • ...and then plugging back in but into a different outlet?
  • ...have you considered / tried a RESET?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

I have left it unplugged overnight
The neon on the outlet is still working, plus all the other functions are operableI would try a reset if you could let me know how ?
No thanks.... Im not paying that much...this is supposed to be a FREE trial. BYE

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Thank you for your kind understanding that my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.

Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.