Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My cable went out 4 days ago. The box has two lights on

Customer Question
Hey. My cable went...

Hey. My cable went out 4 days ago. The box has two lights on power and message. Please help me I've tried everything I can come up with!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Motorola. Tv is an old Toshiba. And I don't no what your last question is?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its like 20 years old..? Brand is toshiba

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. And it's only messed up in my bed room

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

Since early Monday morning. I woke up to it like that. But it has to be the cable box cause the tv still plays movies on the Xbox. But I have a cat that's always sitting on it or the Xbox which now is not working! Auggg!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything but thank YOU

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried fitting a replacement cable box to see if that works?

I'm more interested about the Orange/yellow message light above to the left side of the box. Motorola black cable box??

What's the model number of the Motorola box?