Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a pair of Vertex300 transceivers I purchased and used…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a pair of Vertex300 transceivers I purchased and used almost 20 years ago, although I stored them dry without batteries,they fail to operate(power up) when I tested them. How or where could I get them repaired and is it worth it?

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

A pair of 2 way radios vx-300 model

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your VX-300?

About 20 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Battery pack standard

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You might inquire with

Willco Electronics

3408 Avondale Lane
New Lenox IL. 60451
Tel:(###) ###-#### - Call between 10am and 4:30pm CST

as to whether they repair your model still. I would say that if they don't, it is less likely if not impossible that someone else *does* repair the VXA300 model.

You might also contact Yaesu themselves with a General Inquiry as to whether they service, or know of a company that does service, the Yaesu VXA300 model:

http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=contactus

Lastly:

The FTA-310 model is a more modern replacement for the Yaesu Vertex VXA300 transceiver.

- Does this answer your question, or do you need other information, e.g. as to Yaesu servicers in your region (if so, please Reply To Expert with your local town/city and state) ?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Service Tech