Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My safe door is open and the handle is in the closed (locked…

Customer Question
My safe door is...

My safe door is open and the handle is in the closed (locked position) . when I atept

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

My safe door is open and the handle is in the closed (locked position). When I attempt to unlock and retract the locking bolts using the combination I get a green light I hear a click but the handle wont budge. I have tried the procedure while holding down the micro switch I get a red light and the door remains locked open?

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

Email address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought the safe new about 2 years ago thru Home Depot Imhe

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi.......it could be that all of the moving parts are in need of some lubricant ........what you can try is to put in the combination.........as long as it is open empty the contents from your safe....... lube those moving parts including the hinges with WD-40, especially on the opening mechanism inside the door and also on the part of the bars that are closest to the door....... enter your combination and try pushing on the bars to get them to retract. Use a rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around the head to tap on those bars and try to get them to retract if in case they aren’t.......flex the handle a few times if you can shut it and see if that did the trick......please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I hope this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor