Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My gbc ultima 65-1 laminator intermittently goes into

Customer Question
My gbc ultima 65-1...

My gbc ultima 65-1 laminator intermittently goes into reverse mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

GBC Ultima 65-1 as stated

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Cleaned the control panel PC board and inspected the membrane switch which appears good. Unit is 3 years old. Also unplugged and replugged all of the connections on the control panel and the main board. No improvement.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all so far

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if something is activating the sensor, causing the laminator to go into reverse.

Check for any stuck pieces of material inside the laminator - ensure any debris is removed.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------