Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My electric blanket does not work, it flashes the number 8…

Customer Question
My electric blanket does...

My electric blanket does not work, it flashes the number 8 brand is bidfeford

Technician's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Just got it a couple weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When i got the blanket, that happenrd and i tryed a different outlet and it worked for 3 days and then got this code again. I tryed switching outlets disconnecting the cord to the bottom of blanket nothing working

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try disconnecting it from the power, then re-connecting the cord to the blanket, from both the controller and from the electric power (if that cord is disconnectable, that is), and see whether, after being plugged in again, it works properly.

- Does it?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)