Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a cordless phone KX-TG674. This morning when I

Customer Question
I have a cordless...

I have a cordless phone KX-TG674. This morning when I attempted to dial a number it tells me that I have entered a restricted code and I cannot seem to call anyone. What has happened and how can I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG674? What have you tried so far?

I have had the phone for at least two years with no problems. It only happened for the first time this morning.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (allow you to dial out successfully)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TG674SK no other phones landline provider is SPECTRUM

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - can you tell me if you can still RECEIVE calls on this system?

Also, do ALL OUTGOING CALLS have this same issue - about hearing the "restricted" announcement?

Thanks

Hi again,

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Thanks

cancel the phone request. Let's continue to chat. I cannot make any calls on the system but can receive all calls. All outgoing calls have the same reply: "YOU HAVE DIALED A RESTRICTED CODE"

OK - can I safely assume that both LOCAL and LONG DISTANCE outgoing calls have been tried - to different area codes?

OK - may I ask if a DIFFERENT phone can be acquired (even borrowed) and connected to the phone line - to TEST of that phone can make outgoing calls?

I only ask so we can TEST if this is a phone issue OR a SERVICE issue.

Thanks

I have checked with several neighbors. No luck yet, but I have one more to ask. It will take a few more minutes. Sorry no one on my street has a land line phone. Maybe its time to get rid of mine too.

Are you saying that no one has a "good old corded phone" that can be borrowed and tested?

NEW question: Do you have ANY provider equipment in your home - where ALL of the services from the provider connect (such as TV, internet, and phone)?

I only ask because MANY customer's have a MAIN BOX (sometimes called a modem) that provides all such services.

Thanks

We are one of those people. However the internet and cable TV are working just fine with the modem
would it help if I called spectrum and asked if there may be any issues with the phone connection?

Thanks for that detail.

Let me be honest with you and tell you that I SUSPECT that this is really a PROVIDER issue - based on the symptoms you mentioned.

It almost sounds like the phone service has been "turned off"for some reason - at least for outgoing calls.

So do you have a separate phone - such as a cell phone - to be able to call Spectrum and check on your phone service status?

If so, you may be able to get the Spectrum contact number from the following "contact us" page. You MAY have to enter your zip code on that page.

Click Here --> https://www.spectrum.com/contact-us.html

NOTE: There MAY be a "chat" available on that page too, once your zip code is entered.

Please give that a try and let me know what you find.

Thanks, ***** *****

i AM WORKING ON THE CHAT RIGHT NOW, ALSO i HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET A LANDLINE PHONE BUT IT MAY BE A HALF HOUR BEFORE IT IS DELIVERED WILL KEEP IN TOUCH.

Very good & thanks for keeping me "in the loop".

Please let me know what is found - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

THE OTHER PHONE HAS ARRIVED AND I HAVE CHECKED IT OUT . THE PROBLEM CONTINUES, SO IT MUST BE SOMETHING WITH THE MODEM WOULD BE CORRECT?

Yes ... I DO suspect the Modem OR something else in the Spectrum NETWORK of services.

Have the Spectrum folks on the Chat mentioned any TESTING from their end yet, or any other details about the phone services for your account?

NOTE: Do NOT post any "personal/private" information about your account here.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer