Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Morning, my remote control will not turn on my receiver. and…

Customer Question
Morning, my remote control...

Morning, my remote control will not turn on my receiver. and I had a friend go to my place and he turned on my receiver and left it on. when I connected to my slingbox, my remote the tv was on but my remote would not work. it would not change channels or bring up the guide. but the volume worked. when I exited the site and then went back to it, the tv was off and back to square one

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

My speaker? don't understand

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

Do you mean reset my slingbox, I don't have a speaker

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's my story and i'm sticking to it thanks for your help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What's the model number of the remote control that is not working as expected?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.