Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My wife works from home and does webinars. We recently

Customer Question
My wife works from...

My wife works from home and does webinars. We recently switched to Xfinity. Our plan is 55Mbps. During her recent webinars, she has been bumped off the internet. One class she was bumped off 4 times in 10 minutes. She was able to reconnect. This is unacceptable. Would increasing the download speed help remedy the problem?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 55MBPS?

About 3 months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Xfinity product?

This is the first problem we have had. She normally, shuts the computer down, then restarts and gets back on the internet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have is a Motorola plus N450 router.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is she using a desktop or laptop? Wired or wifi?

She uses a desktop.

Wired ethernet, or wifi?

wired Ethernet.

Is it wired directly from the desktop to the router? Or is there some other switch, access point, extender, etc in between?

Wired directly from the desktop to the router

You should be getting significantly higher speeds then from a wired connection, so you either have a router/modem problem, or the computer itself is just operating slowly due to hardware or software issues.

Do you have any other computer you can test?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.