Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We put Model P3010CU up and unscrewed it and it will not go…

Customer Question
We put Model P3010CU...

We put Model P3010CU up and unscrewed it and it will not go back up. There is a piece of plastic sticking out.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your P3010CU?

They are all new. We got 4 and this one we couldn't get up.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Tried to push the plastic up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Plastic piece is directly under the word Kidde in the circle where you connect front to the back.
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Align the alarm with the mounting plate and rotate clockwise (right) approximately 45° until the unit stops and clicks into place. DO NOT over-tighten.

If unit needs to be re-aligned, rotate the alarm counter clockwise, remove and rotate to desired alignment.

If you still have difficulty, please attach a photo of the plastic piece so I may see.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Yes, I see it now - it is sticking out.

Does it move freely inwards?

Can you push it back into place?