Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a fargo dtc 400, and since we did not have the disk,

Customer Question
I have a fargo...

I have a fargo dtc 400, and since we did not have the disk, getting the right drivers we have downloaded from hid, still have our computers not recognizing the fargo, wwve tried compatibility mode on install, and its frustrating, how do i get my fargo printing on my windows 10 surface

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that we want to be able to use our fargo

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The latest drivers released where for windows 7, did you download and try to install it with this yet?

Please let me know

Thank you

Ive down loaded the firmware and drivers, made sure devise was not connected to computer, but still the computers wont recognize it, t says unspecified, i can see it in

which drivers?

the drivers we tryed were dtc400e_drv_1305

connect the printer to a different USB port and tell me if it then detects it please

It only has one port, but it makes the chime when its pluged into usb port and it recognizes it, but it dosent when its to print

Ok, not click start, go to control panel, then devices and drives.

Do you see the printer there?

under unspecified

Ok, right click it, select properties and update the driver there select the drivers you installed from the website

https://www.hidglobal.com/drivers/15344

So that it is assigned the driver

Let me know how you go please