Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Bose CD player has not been used for months. I inserted…

Customer Question
My Bose CD player...

My Bose CD player has not been used for months. I inserted Christmas cd today ( ( Nat King Cole) it skips about.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Oh gosh where is number

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Just cd plsyer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Have had this system years and years and have never " cleaned cd. I am 82 years old and husband before he died did these things?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I look forward to helping you today.

The music will skip for one of three reasons. Either the CD is dirty, the CD is damaged, or the laser light contained within the Bose CD player is dirty or has dust on it.

The first thing to do is to clean the CD, you can use a very slightly damp cloth to clean the CD. After you wipe it down a few times, be sure to dry it with a dry cloth before attempting to use it. If this doesn't solve the problem, I would suggest blowing a bit of air into the CD enclosure on the CD Player, which will remove any dust that may be on the laser light. If this doesn't help, the conclusion may be that the CD is damaged. In that case, you will need to replace the CD.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. If we are done for now, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page by clicking the Stars on the top of the page and clicking the Submit button.

Thank you,