Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an electric skateboard that uses a VESC as the motor…

Customer Question
I have an electric skateboard...
I have an electric skateboard that uses a VESC as the motor controller. Im getting a drv 8302 fault code. What can cause this?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help with this question. Even if i didnt need help anymore and you answered, i would still rate you based on your answer and not whether or not i needed it still.This is an urgent matter. But the answer be more thorough and not rushed. But please help me as soon as you can. Thank you.

Thank you.

This is a board/chip issue that is faulty. It is the most common error for your skateboard and it requires it to be sent back or replaced. It can happen with a short in the wiring or the settings were wrong in the configuration but either way, it needs to be replaced/repaired.

I'd like to know more about what can cause the DRV8302 fault. I cannot simply send it back to be repaired. There is no warranty on this, so I would like to understand how I can reconfigure the settings to ensure I avoid damaging the next one. Is there an online resource that you can direct me to so that I can learn more specifically about this fault and its causes? I am already a frequent reader of the DIY electric skateboard forums, as well as Vedder's website, but I can't seem to find a definitive list of causes.Thank you

There hasn't been a "definitive" cause of the error; only a couple of common causes such as a wiring short or a setting was wrong.

The owner of enertion skateboards said in a forum that there are about 11 causes.I just want to know what I can do to prevent this fault code from reoccurring.If it's just a setting that can be wrong, what settings or parameters can cause this if set wrong?Please equip me with some knowledge that I can apply to minimize damaging another vesc.