Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My camera Sony RX1 went blank after it tells me to reload…

Customer Question
My camera Sony RX1...

My camera Sony RX1 went blank after it tells me to reload the memory card.

Technician's Assistant: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Does it have a memory card in it? and, does it go blank a short time after you turn it On?

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?
Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)