Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Cannot get GNX4 to record. Other functions seem to work

Customer Question
Cannot get GNX4 to...

Cannot get GNX4 to record. Other functions seem to work fine. Is there a way to reboot? Reset to factory? Have tried turning off & back on, no luck.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Digitech GNX4 workstation

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

Just started acting up tonight. Already tried turning off and back on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes you can reset the GNX4 to its factory condition:

1. Turn the GNX4 off.
2. Hold the Expression pedal in the half-way position.
3. Press and hold Output Setup button.
4. Turn on the GNX4.
5. When Reset ? appears in the display, let go of Output Setup, then press/release the Mode button.
6. When display reads Toe Down, put the expression pedal down.
7. Press and release the flashing footswitch.
8. Toe up appears on display. Bring pedal up.
9. Press and release flashing footswitch.
10. V switch appears in display. Put pedal toe down, apply pressure until display reads 50.
11. Press Exit.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------