Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The batteries died on my fire safe and I changed them but…

Customer Question
The batteries died on...

The batteries died on my fire safe and I changed them but safe will not open. All papers are locked inside of safe

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

No just combo on safe its self

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

I bought it quite a while ago and I kniw if i take the batterie pack out there is a way to trip the lock I just can not remember how

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

My Name is*****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Michael,

After changing the batteries you will need to use the original factory set combination code.

Let me know the make and model number of the safe if you need further assistance with this.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------