Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My phone has retained my old tel# how do I change to my new…

Customer Question
My phone has retained...

My phone has retained my old tel# ***** do I change to my new #

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It's home phone KX-TG56533C

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG56533C? What have you tried so far?

Since the # change 6 weeks ago I have looked through the manual and also rebooted it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you referring to the outgoing greeting? Or to something else?

No it's displaying the # on the handset all the time

It is showing your own phone number (or your prior home phone number, if it has changed) on the handset display?

$35 oh dear no.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you please provide the specific information I've requested?

Just not able to afford sorry.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have already paid the full chat fees to correspond with me here in this format. I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so

It says $35 so not going to be trapped, if the $35 shows on my account I will have it reversed.

That is what you agreed to, and paid, for the chat support here.

I have not agreed to a $35 charge

When posting your question, you agreed to and paid the chat fees on the payment page. I can't see those details as we are all independent techs here, you may visit the Account link at the top of the page or check your email confirmation to verify that.

When you are ready to proceed with actually working on the phone problem, please reply back here with the requested information.

I have not clicked call me

I have not suggested that you did. You were not charged for a call. You paid only the agreed up on CHAT fees from the payment page when posting your question, this is the format in which I will help you.

I have no access to or control over any billing or account matters. We are all independent techs working here on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. If you want help with the phone, please continue the discussion about the panasonic system with me here. I cannot help you with anything related to the charges you paid to get help. That is between you and the site.

It says call me $35 why don't you just let me know what to do.

As I've mentioned, several times, that is an automated ad from the site. Simply ignore it, it is not sent by me.

If you would like me to help you, I need you to provide the details I've requested, and engage in the chat conversation here focused on the actual phone problem, not on the operations of the site.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but I shall have to discontinue this chat.

That is up to you.

Again, you've paid for the help here, you may get back to me at another time if you'd like.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.