Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have model s3877 changed the batteries will mot unlock.

Customer Question
I have model s3877...

I have model s3877 changed the batteries will mot unlock. Clicks but can't move handle. Is he code 5 numbers?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?

Sentry safe

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your S3877?

Probably 20 years or more

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

My combination in 3 or 4 or 5 hit clear hit program?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the keypad display show an 'open lock' icon after you enter your combination?

If not, then you will need to ensure you are using the original factory code if the batteries have been removed.

Also ensure you insert the key into the keyhole first and turn it to release the cylinder inside, then enter your combination.

Sometimes you may need to apply extra pressure to the left side of the door to open it after entering your combination.

Also ensure that the handle is in the horizontal position before attempting to enter your combo and open it.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

--------------------
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------