Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have model KX-TGD533W. I purchased this in June 2017. Now…

I have model KX-TGD533W...

I have model KX-TGD533W. I purchased this in June 2017. Now when the phone rings and I pick it up and push talk the phone cutsoff.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Android

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

This is not my smart phone. it is my land line

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

MY land line phone model KX-TGD533W which i purchased in June of 2017. When the phone rings and i push talk the phone cuts off, how can this be fixed.

11/23/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please what you have tried to do to resolve this issue?

Please let me know

i have not tried anything because i have no idea what to try.

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Phone call session started

I tried calling but it seems you gave the phone number to the faulty phone.

Can you give me a number to a working phone please?

i unpluged the phone and removed the batteries. this did not resolved the problem.
the phone number is(###) ###-#### however when the phone button to talk it cuts itself off.

ok, that number goes straight to voicemail..

What are you connecting to for a phone signal? eg: Comcast box?

I have checked the boxes I have unplugged and replugged the boxes back into the Comcast WiFi signal box I don't know what else to do

Thanks

On the back of the comcast box is a reset button, hold this in for 5 seconds then complete.

Once done, wait 5 minutes, then try to make a call.

Let me know how you go please

My smartphone no# is 865-805-081

Let me know how you go please

My Comcast box is a WiFi box there is no red button on the back of it I only have Wi-Fi connections I can give you the Wi-Fi network SSID box number if that's what you're looking for

If you look closely on the back you will see a hole with a button in it.

You need to push and hold this in using a paperclip

i dont have the problem resloved. so i still have warranty and will return this to the store and buy another brand.