Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Just received a beautiful TU 9900 tuner from germany and I…

Customer Question
Hello, just received a...

Hello, just received a beautiful TU 9900 tuner from germany and I live in australia ... does the power transformer require to be switched to 240 volts or does it automatically adjust

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sansui TU9900

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Pearl, I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a 1970's radio tuner

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Bear with me as I review your concern.

Initially, it is not capable of automatic adjustment.

However, its current Germany voltage settings would work for Australia's 240V.

Hi again,

Is further information/assistance still needed with the Sansui?