Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Aventage receiver Rx_A710 and after an electrical…

Customer Question
I have a Aventage...

I have a Aventage receiver Rx_A710 and after an electrical storm, have the message 'ROM ERROR' on the front screen. What can I do to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

It's a mix of Bose and Klipsch.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Nothing as yet, I just unplugged the unit from the mains for 30 seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have now disconnected everything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, it would appear to infer a firmware issue and/or a hardware fault with the EEPROM holding the firmware.

Have you tried / can you try unplugging for an extended period of time?

• ...to simulate a soft RESET; and
  • ...dissipate residual power.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.