Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a NEC P451WG for 4 years and recently the lamp colour…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a NEC P451WG for 4 years and recently the lamp colour is gradually fading, I just change the lamp, however the colour is still the same. I have adjust all the picture colour etc and it It still remain the same what should i do ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

NEC P451WG for 4 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried the adjust -> picture to adjust on the light as well as the brightness

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

However the screen is still yellowish... that's all I would like to solve

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When you insert a new bulb, you will need to re-calibrate the colours using the on-screen menu.

(Adjust the contrast, brightness, color, tint).

And the yellowish washed out colour should go away.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I did the same yet it’s still the same.

What input are you using? (e.g. computer)

Can you try a different input device?

Also try changing the input cable?