Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a canon mp18d that wont add. I can type in numbers…

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon mp18d that wont add. I can type in numbers but it wont allow me to add anything. It needs to be reset

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No it hasnt and its about 5 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Honestly I havent tried anything. I just unplugged it and put it away but I need to use it again and its still doing that same thing. I cleaned it and I guess i pushed too many keys at one time or something and that is what caused it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There is no reset for this calculator.

Usually this problem is caused by a faulty key.

Either there is another button stuck down somewhere on the calculator, or the + key is not working.

As the + key is the most commonly used key for most people, it often wears out first.

Sometimes disassembling the calculator and cleaning beneath the problem keys with electronic contact cleaner resolves this issue.

Check the keys and let me know the results?